On my vacation, I got to see parts of PA, take some nice walks in the parks, have some much-needed girl time with my friend, catch up on my journaling, read two books, and relax. I probably should have taken advantage of my time there and seen more of the area, but I cannot say I would have changed anything about my vacation if given a second chance.
It was also nice to catch a glimpse of the life of another family with small children. Her girls were really cute and fun to play with. Her husband was very nice, and her mother was everything I expected. She was open, warm, and energetic. It was nice to know that Kara’s family has some of the same issues and worries that my family does. However, it also reminded me of what John and I have known for quite some time… that our lives are too hectic. Hopefully I can take some of my reflections home with me and we can figure out how to live our life the way we want to, enjoying each other and our children a little more. I am starting by only working one day a week instead of every Friday and Saturday that John is off. It will be really nice to have some two-day weekends with my family like normal people. But, then again, when have I ever been normal?
No comments:
Post a Comment