Monday, September 14, 2009

Summer 09

Well, a lot has happened in the past several months. The first, which you probably all know by now, is that John bought a motorcycle. It is a Honda Magna, and he has a lot of fun on it. I plan to have fun on it someday also, but right now I am too scared to tryst my klutzy self on a motorcycle.









In May, Jessica had her 3rd birthday. We had a party for her here in Houston at the downtown Aquarium. There are several aquariums and rides for the kids and even some white tigers as part of the exhibit (one of which wanted Jessica for a snack).




After all the fun at The Aquarium, we had a princess party at our house. I made her a princess castle cake for her birthday (with help from John’s mom), and Jessica loved it.







Jacob’s 2nd birthday was in July. We had a party here with some family and friends on his birthday. The next day, we drove to Dallas to stay with my brother and have another party with the rest of my family. The day after that, we had a party with John’s side of the family in Euless. The kids had a lot of fun at all the parties, and really enjoyed seeing our relatives.












We also converted Jacob’s crib to a day bed just before his birthday. He really enjoys being able to climb in and out of bed by himself now.







Jessica and Jacob have been having lots of fun playing with their new toys this summer. Since it is too hot to really play outside, I am glad they have plenty to entertain themselves inside. When they get tired of toys and books though, they always love dancing.




I recently cut back to just one day of work a week. I am hoping that will help John and I have more time together as a family and that we will be able to accomplish more every week. I just hope we will be able to pay all our bills also. Well, I guess I should go, I promise to update before the next 6 moths go by (but don’t be offended if I cannot keep that promise). I still need to tell you all about our Vegas trip for July 4th and my trip to PA.

No comments: