Joseph had cereal for the first time today. Since he is our third child, we were in no hurry to start him on cereal. Plus, the pediatrician wanted us to wait until he was drinking his formula well (he has reflux and never wants to eat). The last few days though, he has been especially interested in my food. So, I figured it was time. After dinner, we put him in the highchair and gave it a go.
Joseph loved the cereal. Every time he saw the spoon coming, he would light up and grab for it, trying to shove it into his mouth. The more cereal he ate, the more excited he got to have more. When it was all gone, he was still acting hungry. I tried to give him the bottle, but he would screech and knock it away every time I offered it to him. I am pretty sure he wanted more cereal, but I did not want to overdo it for his first meal. After he finished eating, we were both covered in cereal, so I gave him a bath. Then, he drank half his bottle and has been asleep ever since. I am glad he liked eating. It was a good ending to a good day.
1 comment:
So cute when his little hand reaches for the cereal. It was great seeing you last weekend. I love you all so very much!
Post a Comment